1. Crème De La Crème.
- Fleshy tones: dusty rose, nude, white & cream.
- Milky stones with white sheel and painted metal accents.
- Cream, white and light turquoise patinas.
- Cabochon beads and stone.
- Materials include metal, cord, shell and resin.
2. Disco Diva: Geo Queen
- 70’s vintage inspired color pallet (browns, yellows, cobalt blue, orange, grey & black)
- Soft polished golds and silvers.
- Geometric shapes and components.
- Textured stampings & collar necklaces.
- Cabochon resins and enamel accents with movable parts.
- Stud earrings and door knocker earrings.
3. Nature Calls
- Earthy colors, muted neutrals and turquoise.
- Leaf, animal and floral accents.
- Casted and real feathers.
- Suedette cord.
- Animal prints (prints and textures on castings)
- Dream catcher styles & stackable rings.
4. Tribal Warrior
- Burnished, worn platings.
- Traditional tribal colors (dark red, dark blue, dark green and browns) mixed with neons and brights.
- Seed beads, wood beads, resin stones and enamel accents.
- Casted feathers, leafs and horns.
- Tribal etchings, stampings and prints.
- Shield rings.
This is just a sneak peek of what’s to come for Fall 2012. These are the four big transitional trends that will move the retail jewelry scene from Summer into Fall. Bright pops of color will be all over the place come the beginning of the new year.
Neutrals, flesh tones and earthy colors will start to show up in retail stores everywhere. The feather trend is taking a strong crash and burn although we will still see some interesting real feather designs and lots of casted metal feathers. Like the owl trend, real feathers are on their way out. New materials to watch for include shell, wood, seed beads and lots of resin plastic.
We are seeing a huge flash back to the past influencing the US and UK designers. It’s actually pretty funny because the US seems to be aiming for a 60′s flower child vibe, think Wild Fox gone mass market. UK designers are shooting for a flash back to the 70′s dico era with gaudy Studio 54 silhouettes and muddied primary colours.
Love it! We will definitely be seeing an edgier side of our trendy girl this year!
**Re-blogged from rockspapermetal.com**
Your Emi. xXx